RFI- Bottling from a keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajun_Tiger33

Reaction score
I just recently started kegging my beer, and i really like how easy it is to bottle it straight from the keg. I was wondering since i bottle my beer from the keg once it is cold, would there be any effects to the bottled beer if i let it warm up to room temperature to save for a later date?

TIA

It will gain some aged character. The yeast left in suspension will wake up and continue their work.

A good example of this was a Two-Hearted clone I did a couple of months back. It was ugly. I mashed WAY WAY too high (accidentally left burner on very low), and fermented kinda warm. I bottled up twelve of them, dumped the rest, and left them in the cabinet to age, not expecting much.

I popped a bottle open last night, and other than a ridiculous amount of sludge on the bottom, it was clear and clean and DAMN GOOD BEER.

So if you want a quick consistent carb but also want to age, keg it then bottle it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :drunk:

Back