Rethinking my brew stand...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resto3

Reaction score
I am rethinking how to set up my brew stand. I am trying to get the kettles to a level where I don’t need a ladder to look inside them. I have pumps so I don’t need gravity to to any of the work for me (even though it has served me well for many years).

The issue is the pump and plate chiller. Does anyone see an issue with keeping the plate chiller above the burner??
IMG_1572.jpg
IMG_1571.jpg

This is the first time I post with pictures. Hope this works.

If I understand the question, you want to mount the chiller higher than before? As long as the total height you are pumping to doesn't change much, the vertical location of the chiller doesn't make any difference, it'll have the same flow resistance. I'd do a trial run with cold water, more to check for leaks than anything else. Nice rig, btw. Good luck!

If I understand the question, you want to mount the chiller higher than before? As long as the total height you are pumping to doesn't change much, the vertical location of the chiller doesn't make any difference, it'll have the same flow resistance. I'd do a trial run with cold water, more to check for leaks than anything else. Nice rig, btw. Good luck!

Thank you! In the end I was thinking of removing the pump and the chiller from the stand all together and make a stand for those items separate. I think to have the burners the way I want them to be the pump and plate chiller are in the way. We’ll see. Cheers!

That'll work. If your pump motor isn't drip-proof, be sure to take that into consideration. I mounted my big ugly heavy home made cf chiller and my pump on two seperate stands for that reason.

I agree with Ancient, I think that's a nice a rig. I'm also with you on being a little concerned about how tight some of the spacing is and a separate stand for the chiller/pump makes sense to me. Plus then, you have the flexibility to move it around as you want, if you're brewing in different spaces, for example.

Share your final set up with us, it looks interesting!

Back