Rest In Peace, babalu87

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmtaylor

Lord Idiot the Lazy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Jeff Fuller (babalu87) was a very knowledgeable, energetic, and creative contributor to several homebrewing forums, including this one, until about 9 years ago when a terrible affliction known as Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) from a damned mosquito bite permanently damaged his brain and nervous system, changing his life forevermore. Although I never met him in real life, he was as much a brother to many of us as anyone.

Now today we just got word (through Facebook) that he has passed on from this world, age 52.

https://www.facebook.com/One-Millio...W-kzZs_CQkO-sQ1zSNi4Cky_DJFt6vQPXCINtrDoBi8as

His profile page (as you can see, his 1895(!) posts abruptly end in August 2010 when he got bit):

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/members/babalu87.18144/

So let's all raise a glass to this big, good, strong man, who I know loved this hobby as much or more than anyone else I've ever known.

Feel free to share stories and memories here. Rest In Peace, babalu87.

47963122353_f6212ef29a_o.png

And please excuse the cheese but I do believe the following non-beer-related SFW video is most fitting.

I didn't hear that Jeff had died. :(

I'm so sad about the whole thing. This big active fisherman and dad taken down by a mosquito and then into a nursing home! Horrible tragedy for the family, as well as a ruined wonderful life for a young active guy.

We were just talking about him the other day, and I'm so sorry to hear that he is gone. One of my favorite photos is of him, on a boat, holding a big ass fish. They must have been out a good ways, but I don't remember the type of fish at all. What I do remember is that huge Jeff smile and it's a photo that really captured his personality.

Peace to his memory.

Back