Researching how to get Started

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psustang89

Reaction score
Brand new to the concept and have done some reading online and talked with a few guys who brew. I was referred to this sight by a friend at work. Right now just trying to decide the best way to get started. I'm afraid of starting "cheap" and buying things I won't use after the unavoidable addiction sets in. But, I don't want to remortgage the house either. I look forward to all the advice I'm sure to get from the people here.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

if you get a good beginners kit...there isn't anything you'll never use again.
Midwest homebrew has good kits, as does Austin...they are all pretty well the same...check shipping first though.

Also a good LHBS and this place...you're good to go.

Welcome.

I bought a simple 2 stage kit to get started. I think the only thing I wont be using is the future is the capper, hopefully sooner that later when I setup a keezer.

i normally shop austinhomebrew.com but northern brewers kits look a little cheaper??? yeah, i keep trying to get some friends into homebrewing and it's not working. all the kits look good, i'd go better bottle instead of glass though(2 stage kit). i'm getting sooooo tired of lifting full glass carboys!

Back