Reno / Tahoe recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrickyDick

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Heading over to Reno and Tahoe area soon.

Wanted to ask about any recommendations on must try local beers, restaurants, pubs, coffee shops, etc. have never been there before.

TD.

There's a spot in Reno called Beer NV that has, if I recall correctly, 60 taps. They have a focus on local beers, or regional ones. I was only in town for a conference, but if I lived in Reno, I'd surely frequent this bar.

I also went to Brasserie Saint James more than once during that conference. I liked their beer - so many saisons! - and their food.

I didn't get a chance to check out Tahoe Mountain Brewing Company, but I like the stuff I've had of theirs. I'd say they're worth checking out too!

Reno- Great Basin Brewery. They have 2 locations. Tahoe Mountain is in Tahoe city. South shore has "The Brewery" and Cold-water Brewery. I would rank them for me in that order.

Under the Rose, imbib, the Depot and St. James is good. Reno Public house has a bunch of stuff on tap and Beer NV has 60 on tap and just had their octoberfest Friday or Saturday.

Fifty fifty in truckee. Bring your checkbook if you want their Eclipse barreled stuff.

Well. Ate at Great Basin the first night. Had three beers. All were good: Octoberfest, Hopic Thunder, and great tectonic IPA something or other.

Then Sunday wandered around. Had an amber ale from a local brewery I don't recall which was good.

Today drove into Truckee. Ate at burger me, and had a fresh squeezed IPA. Then went to fifty fifty and had a sampler and mentioned "I was told to get eclipse ". I got three or four extra freebie samples - anularity, a barrel aged porter, a unreleased apricot brandy eclipse, and the triple apricot eclipse. Plus the regular lineup. 😴

Bought a bottle of woodford reserve eclipse. Might see if can bring home.

Back