relocated from NJ to annapolis MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defenestrate

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
hello everyone... just relocated down to annapolis from south jersey in august for a new job, a job that will allow for much more beer time :mug:

now that i'm settled in im rushing to brew a few times a week to get the stock back up in the old keezer... i'm far too used to getting 5 gallons of beer for the price of a 6 pack :eek:

aside from annapolis homebrew(which i have not checked out yet) is there anything you local beer heads can recommend? bars? events? clubs? group buys? i mean anything.

looking forward to meeting some new people, cheers.

Kevin

I'm over in Montgomery County and there isn't a single brewing supply store in here in this county. There's Flying Barrel in Frederick but I still just get everything online where the prices are lowest. Checkout Midwest Supplies, Alternative Beverage, Austin Homebrew, Northern Brewer, etc. Welcome to MD!

I'm over in Montgomery County and there isn't a single brewing supply store in here in this county. There's Flying Barrel in Frederick but I still just get everything online where the prices are lowest. Checkout Midwest Supplies, Alternative Beverage, Austin Homebrew, Northern Brewer, etc. Welcome to MD!

yeah i haven't bought anything from a lhbs in a long time, i've been an online shopper for a while now. was more regarding anything on the social side of beer/brewing.

Heroes Pub or the Old Stein Inn.

but... the best place to enjoy beer is out on the bay. I suggest hooking up with some local sailors and going gunkholing. The end of the season is soon approaching.

Although it isn't over yet - you supply the beer and they supply the boat.

Heroes Pub or the Old Stein Inn.

+1 for Heros and a known treasure by most locals
Also Rams Head has a 100 beer club and yes they have 100 beers,

McGarvys, Middletons, Federal house has a nice bar layout, but get out before 10pm same with O'Briens, hit up Mangia's their pizza is awesoem especially with Fordham's copperhead

I was born and rasied in Annapolis, And I regret moving away ever since. but i'm only 2hr away so it's not all bad.

and anything taste great out on the bay.
and if If you want a great crab cake check out the edgewater resturant

Welcome to MD from Silver Spring/Burtonsville!

marylandwallet.jpg

+1 for Heros and a known treasure by most locals
Also Rams Head has a 100 beer club and yes they have 100 beers,

McGarvys, Middletons, Federal house has a nice bar layout, but get out before 10pm same with O'Briens, hit up Mangia's their pizza is awesoem especially with Fordham's copperhead

I was born and rasied in Annapolis, And I regret moving away ever since. but i'm only 2hr away so it's not all bad.

and anything taste great out on the bay.
and if If you want a great crab cake check out the edgewater resturant

Yea - avoid cantlers - the food is not that good. Nice location if you can sit outside but otherwise it's a well know dive featuring bud light.

thanks for all the replies guys. i need to get working on a ferm chamber, these temps and no basement are killing me... back in nj my basement was 58-62 all year... now the lowest i can get is 70 in the kitchen with the fan and wet t shirt trick till it gets a little chillier... and tap water was 50 instead of 80. time to bust out the sub pump and bucket 'o' ice for chilling.

thanks for all the replies guys. i need to get working on a ferm chamber, these temps and no basement are killing me... back in nj my basement was 58-62 all year... now the lowest i can get is 70 in the kitchen with the fan and wet t shirt trick till it gets a little chillier... and tap water was 50 instead of 80. time to bust out the sub pump and bucket 'o' ice for chilling.

I hear ya man, can't wait until winter. My immersion chiller is almost useless with the water coming in at 80+. At least the basement is starting to cool down.. it too was about 80 in July/August. With a kid on the way I'm almost ready to make winter the brewing season and make enough to last through the year. At least then the tap water is 40, liquid yeast stays stable in the mail, and fruit flies don't try to go swimming in the bottling bucket.

I hear ya man, can't wait until winter. My immersion chiller is almost useless with the water coming in at 80+. At least the basement is starting to cool down.. it too was about 80 in July/August. With a kid on the way I'm almost ready to make winter the brewing season and make enough to last through the year. At least then the tap water is 40, liquid yeast stays stable in the mail, and fruit flies don't try to go swimming in the bottling bucket.

yeah, looks like brewing 10-20 gal a week in the colder months may just have to cut it.

Latest posts

Back