Refrigerate as soon as bottles are carbonated well enough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBalls

Reaction score
So refrigeration will only stall carbonation, but not bottling conditioning?

The beer can age well enough in the bottle while chilled?

I put a bottle in the fridge after only 5 day just to see how well its coming along. Was carbonated pretty well so far. So I put a few more bottles in the fridge. I will compare the 5 day carbonation with 7 day carbonation and see which one I like better. If I can tell a difference.

My instructions said wait at least 2 weeks at room temperature. If carbonation is good at one week, then no point in waiting 2 right?

Do 22oz bottles take longer to carb than 12 oz bottles?

So refrigeration will only stall carbonation, but not bottling conditioning?

The beer can age well enough in the bottle while chilled?

I put a bottle in the fridge after only 5 day just to see how well its coming along. Was carbonated pretty well so far. So I put a few more bottles in the fridge. I will compare the 5 day carbonation with 7 day carbonation and see which one I like better. If I can tell a difference.

My instructions said wait at least 2 weeks at room temperature. If carbonation is good at one week, then no point in waiting 2 right?

Do 22oz bottles take longer to carb than 12 oz bottles?

In my experience, chilling beer increases the aging time significantly. There are some advantages to cold conditioning, but generally I condition all of my ales at room temperature. When they are perfect, then I chill them. Sometimes chilling beers before they are appropriately aged/conditioned lead to a lingering time of "green apple" flavors due to the beer being young.

22 ounce bottles dont' usually take longer than 12 ounce bottles. They usually carb up well in just a couple of weeks at room temperature.

Leave your beer at room temp for as long as you can and your patience will be rewarded :mug: Even if it tastes good at one week, you'll be surprised at what another 2, 4, or even 6 weeks might do.

The stuff wont be over carbonated at 2 weeks will it?

its a golden ale so I think a high amount of carbonation will be fine for this beer anyway.

Your amount of carbonation is really based on how much priming sugar you used. Once that sugar is fermented by the yeast, there's nothing left for them to do, so the carbonation stops.

The stuff wont be over carbonated at 2 weeks will it?

its a golden ale so I think a high amount of carbonation will be fine for this beer anyway.

No. If you waiting until it was finished fermenting before bottling, it won't carbonate any more at 10 weeks than it will at 3 weeks. Once it's done, it's done.

Back