Red Hook Joint Effort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atoughram

Reaction score
The GF and I went out to Red Hook brewery last night for the brewery tour and dinner. I ended up drinking one of the session ales called Joint Effort - celebrating the legalization of MJ here in Washington State... Had to stop for Cheetos and Doritos on the way home... Good Stuff!

I'd sure like to clone it...

http://redhook.com/beers/joint-effort/?redhook-age-verification=1

5.6% ABV
25 IBU's
and I'd guess about 10-12 SRM
WLP041 Pacific Ale

Anybody have any inside information on this brew?

I did the tour a couple weeks ago for my birthday... they said it was "finished with hemp seed. There is no MJ in it".
Find some hemp seed and do a late addition?

From their website:
Joint Effort is a session ale brewed with hemp seeds. Dry-hopped with Zeus, Cascade, Summit hops, Joint Effort has a dank, resinous hop aroma balanced by nutty, earthiness from hemp seeds. It’s the perfect brew for sitting around with your bud, grabbing some munchies and enjoying a beer.
STYLE...................... Hemp Ale
ABV......................... 5.6%
IBUS....................... 25 IBU
ORIGINAL GRAVITY.. degrees plato
BREWED SINCE......... 2013

Hemp seeds are perfectly legal to eat, and are not the same as MJ, nor do they produce the same effect. Dried hemp seeds will add nothing to a beer. Hemp does NOT=Weed.

Hemp seeds are perfectly legal to eat, and are not the same as MJ, nor do they produce the same effect. Dried hemp seeds will add nothing to a beer. Hemp does NOT=Weed.

So what's your point?
Who said anything about illegal?
The OP asked about cloning the brew... I added to the convo. You bring nothing to the table.
How can you say it does nothing to the beer? It surely adds a flavor. I've tasted it.

O'Fallon had a hemp beer a while ago, claimed to be an amber but it was a straight butter bomb. Really soured my opinion on hemp as an addition for brewing. Red Hook makes some tasty beers so I'd be inclined to try one again.

Back