Recommend me a Kegerator Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daedalus

Reaction score
I want to be able to serve two different beers at different pressures. What can you recommend? The least expensive the better!

I've noticed a lot of different online stores carry different models at differing prices. Would I be getting a sub-par regulator if I get one from Beverage Factory over the ones offered by Midwest and NB?

I might be a little biased, but I would spend the few extra bucks on the Taprite 152HP. Its a great regulator. BTW, kegconnection sells it cheaper than the dual body regulator at beverage factory: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=216

EDIT: Now that I looked to see what NB and Midwest have, I would definitely go with the Taprite or the Micromatic from Bev Factory over the NB and Midwest regulators.

In the interest of learning more...why would you recommend the brands you do? Easier to use? Longer term reliability? Accuracy? I'm shopping (our at least browsing) myself, and would rather make an informed decision.

I picked up the dual body regulator from Williams Brewing. I would not recommend it. I do have a negative review on the site that isn't actually posted past their approval. It just doesn't stay at the pressure I set it to. Floats around far too much.

I plan to get some micromatic regulators (the premium line). These are the ones we use at work, and they are just solid (and really not that much more than the cheaper ones).

In the interest of learning more...why would you recommend the brands you do? Easier to use? Longer term reliability? Accuracy? I'm shopping (our at least browsing) myself, and would rather make an informed decision.

Taprite and Micromatic are both known to be quality products. I have used them both and am extremely happy with them compared to the other brands. Besides being well built, reliable regulators, they seem to be more accurate in the adjustment. When I adjust my Taprite to a particular level, it stays at that level... Other cheaper ones I have used have had problems with maintaining a pressure. Also, I like the O-Ring mating surface of the Taprite. Some companies use a nylon washer... Those damn nylon washers will not properly seat sometimes, or they crack, or get scratched... etc, etc, etc. Finally, I did have an issue with a new Taprite once... I sent an email to the company and without even asking for this, they took it upon themselves to immediately send me a brand new replacement... I had it 2 days later... no questions asked.

Back