Recommend a dry yeast for begian wit recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trav5

Reaction score
I have a recipe for belgian wit that calls for wyeast 3944 but I want to use a dry yeast to cut down on the price. Plus I'm ordering the ingredients online and I was told at a local brew shop that you should keep liquid yeast cool until use. Here's the site I'm ordering from with a list of the yeasts they have http://homebrewsupplies.ca/category/dry-yeast-beer-1/

I am currently enjoying a Belgian-ish white/wheat IPA I made with T-58. Pitched at ~65F, but I gave it no temperature control whatsoever and it free-rose to about 84F while fermenting. It put out tons of black pepper, banana and bubblegum-type odors while fermenting; some of that remains and it complements the coriander and orange I added.

I really like the german \belgian style brews, and have had great success
using the wb-06........just pitch it on the coolish side for a clovey belgian with coriander and orange......about 62 degrees is perfect for that.

It's my "go to " yeast for that style. just don't treat it like the other liquid yeasts, bottle it early (around 4 or 5 days for a 1.042 og wort) I am drinking a weizen as I type.......it started fermenting just 7 days ago......it carbs up quick in the summer!

Good luck

Back