Recipes Needed First All Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durandf

Reaction score
Ok......I have been extract brewing now for a while with some very good results now and I oam ready to try my first All Grain. I have been reading and watching a lot of videos and feel pretty comfortable. I have gathered all the equipment now I need a recipe.

Does anyone have a great, tasty yet simple recipe for a first time All Grain. Thanks. If I can watch it on video that would be great.

Id go with a simple APA Sierra Nevada clone - if you google it you will find plenty ofrecipes.

There are many solid recipes in Jamil's Brewing Classic Styles. On this forum, if you're looking for a very simple tried and true recipe, check out BM's Cream of 3 Crops in the recipes section. On the header there are a bunch of links - click on recipes - and you can choose from style.

For your first all grain I'd go with something a bit darker. Ed Wort's Robust Porter is very tasty. The darker beers tend to mask off flavors better.

Definitely look for something with a single step infusion, no sense trying a decoction mash right out of the gate (or ever if you can help it IMO).

Check out bobyfromnj's Channel on youtube. There are a ton of video's and he's given some sound advice on this board.

Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale is simple, affordable and very tasty. I've got it on tap and I'll brew it again when the keg runs dry.

Thanks....Ed Wort's Robust Porter it is...will you all know how it goes next week. Cheers

where can i get Ed Worts Pale Ale recipe....I have been having great luck with my extracts on steroids. I am enjoying a very fine Honey Brown with a lot of extra goodies in it so i am looking forward to trying this one. Thanks

Back