Recipes for non craft drinkers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool keep us posted as you move through the process. My next brew is also the Fizzy Yellow (Blonde). Ingredients arrive tomorrow from morebeer!

Smells great I can't wait to try it I did try a new mash tun and my efficiency was bad I only got 1.041 og so I got a figure out were I went wrong on that one.

Good luck with yours.

Looks you figured out what your going to make, I was going to add to the long list that's easy to make a ginger beer.

If never tried a ginger beer before ill have to look into that thanks for your input.

I'm thinking bring 2 kegs of the same high quality light beer, and do something slightly more adventerous in the other two. A dry stout may be ubiquitous enough that people may recognize it as being like a Guiness. The other could be a mildly hopped pale ale, or perhaps a Belgian Single. Basically make a pilsner but pitch 3522 Ardennes yeast. Makes a great subtly complex light ale.

+1 on cream ale. I have one on tap now and thinking about making it a regular.

Pilsner base malt
Vienna
light crystal
10 to 15% flaked maize
15 IBU noble hops
Chico yeast

An Irish Red. Most people know Killians, so it's familiar. It's also low ABV, which is good for a big party.

Have you done cider before? It can be tough to get just right. We do it in the summer with fruit juice to backsweeten. It's about 4.5-5%.

I'm amazed how many people like saison or Belgians. Not crazy funk, but a casual patersbier. It goes with food.

Milds I've found to be a big hit. Dark enough to not be boring but not too roasty or bitter. They're also fast, cheap and easy. The biggest thing holding tem back is the name and the association with old men. Shame. Very tasty beers.

Oh one more: SMaSH with pilsner malt, minimal hops and wit yeast. No orange peel or coriander. Call it "Blue Moon Lite." Goes over really well with BMC people, tastes decent and goes down really easy.

Back