Recipe suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gedion

Reaction score
I'm thinking about brewing a couple batches in the next few weeks and i cant make up my mind on what i want to do. although i like the occasional hop crazy brew, im usually a fan of the more malty drinks and they tend to be the ones i buy. that being said, nearly every new beer i decide to try recently turns out to be super citrus-y. not something i want to make for myself. so, with that in mind, does anyone have a good suggestion for a red or amber ale that is nicely balanced or just slightly on the malty side? even a brown ale would be nice.

Look up a red ale by Jamil, then add some rye to 10-15%. For a brown, do the same, but add 6-10% smoked malt. Can also do a nice English ale yeast with those to add some interesting esters. Palmer did a oaked mild that looked interesting, could Google that as well.

ooh, you guys didn't let me down, everything sounds good so far. ill have to give these a look. especially the oatmeal brown ale.

Back