Recipe suggestions if you please....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torontobrew

Reaction score
Forgive my lack of knowledge and my second post for the same situation.

I have a wealth of ingredients purchased through bulk buys a few years ago.

I have searched around and not found a recipe whose ingredients I can completely satisfy (as evidenced in my prior post).

If anyone would like to take the time, I would love any suggestions for a recipe i can pull off with any of the following ingredients:

Pellet hops:

Cascade
Chinook
N.brewer
Saaz

Grain:

Pilsner
Pale ale
Canadian wheat
2 row
Flaked rye

I would like to use the safbrew wb-06 wheat beer yeast I have on hand.

I am planning on scaling up (or down) to an 8 gallon biab batch.

I love beer, and am not to fussy on what I am making, just really excited to brew something myself. After all, I bought most of my equipment and some of my ingredients when my first child was on the way, he's about to start kindergarten and I'm hoping to do my first batch just before he does....

Many thanks for any replies!

If you want to use that yeast a simple hefeweizen would just be 50/50 pilsner and wheat malt, with a bittering addition at 60 min for about 10-15 IBU. I'd probably go with the northern brewer or saaz for that. Alternatively you could do an American style wheat with a neutral yeast like S-05, 50/50 2-row and wheat, and cascade hops. Or a smash APA with the pale ale malt, chinook and cascade. You could throw in some rye with that as well.

Use 30% wheat,5% flaked rye and the rest pils. Aim for a SG of about 1.050
Mash very low.
Northern Brewer@60
Cascade at 20,15,10,5
Ferment with your wb-06

Back