Recipe requests

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhandransmith

Reaction score
I have only joined this sight and I want some help, it's the first time I have brewed Guinness and I have a problem with bottle bombs and I don't know why. My sugar levels have not changed, room temp is the same, bottles filled the same, ur help would be great. Cheers!!

Can someone help me with a beginners recipe for I.p.a?? I love the grains and the hops and your help would be great. Hope to hear from you soon.cheers!!

Recipes please if anyone can help me out?? Cheers and I hope to hear from you all soon!!

Beautiful grains and hops. Please help me with the recipe where I can brew a beautiful, perfect Indian pale ale's??

I need help with recipes if anyone would like to share, I have been looking for any ideas to improve in my brewing. Cheers

Are you planning on doing a extract, partial mash, or all grain brew?

Because you said beginner, I'm guessing extract. In that case, I'd start with buying some quality kits from a quality homebrew store. Once you start working with those kits you will understand the process and have a good idea what a quality recipe looks like.

here's a kit from Austin Homebrew Supply, Here is one from Northern Brewer...
you might also try Brewmaster's Warehouse, More Beer...

if you're looking to clone a specific beer you like, try Google - "xxxx clone recipe" or look thru the recipe section of HomebrewTalk -

Cheers for that hang glider I appreciate it and everyone is making me a better home brewer. Have a good 1

You say you are having problems with bottle bombs, on your first batch? Not first batch maybe? You weren't very specific. Perhaps we should tackle that issue before you repeat it with other beers and waste you money! (Not a waste of time as it is a lesson learned)

So you were pretty vague about the bottle bombs. How much total volume were you bottling and how many grams were you using? My first assumption if you've bottled before the final gravity was reached, meaning sugars from your ferment were still in suspension when you bottled and they were fermented in bottle with your priming/bottling sugar increasing your expected CO2 volumes. Brewers typically will test their final gravity over two or three days to guarantee that it is not still falling/fermenting.

In addition to the above, it is possible your ferment temps were too low and the yeast dropped out of suspension enough to slow fementation to a crawl, one that you were not able to measure and assumed it was done?

The second most likely is that somehow you've incorrectly calculated that sugar required.. but this is less likely. So what do you think?

As for recipes, I suggest sticking with pre-assembled kits or perhaps even the liquid wort kits, as these will allow you to master your processed and procedures. Get sanitization, ferment and bottling down to a mastery and they you can branch out to recipe design and mashing.

I thought it was done and it showed it was done. I also checked the top of my beer and it was flat like it's supposed to be so I'm thinking my gravity test wasn't right and I stuffed it up. All my other beers were beautiful and worked out fine so now it's time to taste my golden ale all grain, cheers for your help appreciate it. I definetly won't give up brewing because of one bad batch and I will learn from my mistakes.. Talk soon mate, cheers!!

Back