Recipe ideas for a coffee porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pineknot

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was just curious to see if any one had any extract recipe suggestions for a coffee porter. Winter means dark beer and I'm itchin to make one! Thanks in advance!

Similar, but different, I make my favorite Porter recipe, and then after fermentation I rack to a secondary and add in 5 cups of brewed coffee (cooled). I imagine the end results are pretty much the same as LuthersLagers' method.

Cheers.

Similar, but different, I make my favorite Porter recipe, and then after fermentation I rack to a secondary and add in 5 cups of brewed coffee (cooled). I imagine the end results are pretty much the same as LuthersLagers' method.

Cheers.

I believe that cold brewed coffee is a bit less acidic and may be perceived as smoother. So I think there may be a noticeable difference. I have not done either method myself, but my friend cold-brewed coffee for a stout, and it was delicious and not too difficult.

Back