Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewcephus

Reaction score
With the spring/summer months fast approaching I need to get some brews going and ready to go into my keezer that should be beginning construction soon. I have a list of grain/hops that I have and would love some pointers to a couple of diff recipes that you guys have brewed/tried that would fit the bill. I will say for starters that I'm an IPA-head, but most of my friends can't handle the hops like I can so I would like to brew some Pales, Stouts, Porters, Pilsners, etc that they might like.

Grains that I currently have
36# 2-row
30# M.O.
10# Pilsner
9# German Munich
10# Crystal 40L
10# Cara-Pils
2# Carafa
2# Crystal 60L
2# Special Roast
1# Cara Amber

Hops
~2# Simcoe
~1# Summit
~2# Cascade
~2# Centennial
1# Willamette
~1# Chinook
1# CTZ
1# Citra
some others that I don't have on my list right now.

Any and help would be greatly appreciated! I have lots of grains/hops, but only have a couple of recipes, all IPAs, that I have brewed with said ingredients.

You could definitely do a fizzy yellow beer like my recipe here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/fizzy-yellow-beer-120939/

You'd have to use all pilsner, or sub some US two-row for the Vienna, and then use willamette for the hops so it would be quite a bit different- but still an easy drinking lighter beer for those who don't like hoppy beers.

You've got some pretty intense US hops there, which I love, but can be a bit too hoppy for many non-hops lovers in malty beers.

I have an English brown ale here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/fizzy-yellow-beer-120939/ that would probably work for your friends, with maybe a sub for the late hops. (I've done it with maris otter malt, and it's great).

Thanks Yoop!

I was actually looking at your Fat Sam recipe because I love Fat Tire and Boston Ale, but I'm looking a few of the ingredients for that recipe. I will take a look at the fizzy yellow recipe and may give that one a try.

Why not try a session ipa 5%ish C40, a little carapils, the rest 2-row or MO. OG of 1.045ish and around 45IBU. I've had good luck with similar recipe but instead of C40 I use C10 and sub carapils with wheat. 20ibu bittering charge and the rest flavor and aroma additions and a pretty healthy hop stand or flame out addition. Any of those citrusy hops would work great. I've brought a few batches into the brewery I work at and our head brewer who doesn't like IPAs asked for seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well, I'm just trying to get a couple of non-IPAs on tap atm. I will continue to have at least one tap dedicated to big IPAs/DIPAs for myself, but I need a couple of other beers to throw into my rotation for the people that don't like IPAs. However, I am starting to convert a few of my BMC friends to the craft scene, as well as getting a couple others to actually enjoy a good IPA.

Thanks for the heads up though, Jheld, I will def give that recipe a try for myself :rockin:

Back