Recipe help -Banana something ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paganknight

Reaction score
My Brother gifted me with two bottles of Torani's Cream of De Banana syrup and wanted a beer out of it any thoughts. I am a a loss what to do with it. do i use it in just a base SMaSH or try for some thing a bit more diffrent like a dark ale or even a lagar

stuff on hand
home made 2 row malt, home made Crystal 60, some special B, black malt and chocolate malt, wheat malt, wheat and oat's and some fuggals
also have some Mr. Beer kits couple of blonds and a red ale i think
so what ya think

I would say the 2 row, crystal, and a hint of the special B with some oats and a high mash temp to make a strong mouth feel brownish ale. Use the fuggles for a bit of bittering (30 IBU or slightly less) and some for flavor, then add a bit of the syrup at the end of the boil. Bam! Banana Bread Beer!

Use a fairly neutral yeast.

Is that enough to go on, or do you want actual numbers/pounds?

sounds interesting i will try putting some #'s into BeerTools was wondering how to figure the numbers for the syrup still new after several years hehe

ok looked at the bottle's and here are the #'s if my math is good ;)

`16 grams sugar per serving serving size 1 oz and 24.5 servings per bottle so
16 x 24.5 = 406.4 / 28 g per oz = 14.5 oz sugar per bottle

so should i use one or both bottles for a 5 Gal batch or do you think that is too much
has anyone used Torani's syrup's befor

Back