Rebel IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, and...?

I have tried the SN one, it is AWESOME(and I normally also don't like strong IPAs) Going to try the Sam Adams one soon...

Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, and...?

... and the italian one (named Rebelde):
Orso-Verde-Rebelde.jpg

I think Sam Adams has a few of them too rebel ipa which is the red one then there's rebel rider ipa which I believe is the double ipa and lithe label looks similar just green

There are 4 from Samuel Adams: Rebel IPA (red/4.5%), Rouser double IPA (green/8.4%), Rebel Rider (blue/session 4.5%) and Rebel Grapefruit (orange/6.3%).

It's very good. They have a Crystal ipa that I'd like to try too, but haven't seen it on tap yet. Don't really want to buy a sixer of it though. My fridge is pretty full already...

I've had the Sam Adams Rebel (red) IPA... wasn't a fan. Tasted soapy.

There are 4 from Samuel Adams: Rebel IPA (red/4.5%), Rouser double IPA (green/8.4%), Rebel Rider (blue/session 4.5%) and Rebel Grapefruit (orange/6.3%).

They also have Rebel releases featuring hop varieties. A new beer called Rebel Raw, a dipa at 10% 100ibus! Quite the far end of the spectrum for SA. Id like to trythat one!

I can't decide which is worse, Ranger from NB or Rebel from SA.

I think that entire "Rebel" line is tailor made for people that "dont like IPAs". At least Sam Adams knows their consumer base

Names pretty ironic if you ask me. Trying to cash in on the most popular style for the past decade isnt exactly breaking the mold...

It was the Red one from Samuel Adams. Smell was great and wasn't too shabby on the way down

I think that entire "Rebel" line is tailor made for people that "dont like IPAs". At least Sam Adams knows their consumer base

Names pretty ironic if you ask me. Trying to cash in on the most popular style for the past decade isnt exactly breaking the mold...

Yep. I usually defend Sam Adams, this sums up my thoughts on this line.

Only time I buy it is when Harris Teeter has the 12pk on sale for 11.99! Otherwise there's plenty of better IPA's out there...speaking of which, had the IPA variety pack from Terrapin this weekend. Pricey for 12pk of cans ($17) but they had their Hopsecutioner, their session IPA (4.7%), a South Pacific IPA (Krunkles down under), and their "west coast" IPA....all were great.

I had a fresh 12 pack of the blue Rebel Rider from SA this past summer. Great summer brew, went down easy.

Not impressed with the grapefruit. More of a grapefruit rind flavor.
Don't know when I'll finish that 6pack...

I had a SA summer assortment recently that included this Rebel IPA and I thought it was pretty good too.

I used to love the Rebel IPA but the last couple times I had it it was horrible tasted like straight crystal malts and zero hop flavor nor aroma. Don't know if I just know what a good IPA is now or what but it was bad.

Back