really miller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spearko520

Reaction score
you know, i've always defended their beer. I mean, it is beer... BUT their marketing strategies??? WTF?? is there really some schlub out there who can't pour his CAN of beer and is like "if only there were a better way!!"?? Is this really what marketing people work on? pour-ability issues. and the miller 64 commercials? the most amazing thing is that you can have the TV on as a kind of background peripheral distraction and when that commercial comes on, you become gayer for just having OVER- heard it. you really hit the nail on the head with that demographic. now they can get drunk. thanks.

The beer they make is alwaysgoing to be the beer they make. They have to come up with gimmicks to draw in the consumers. We think its dumb and annoying but for every one of us that hate it, probably ten more think its awesome

no one thinks it's awesome. i've been doing research. i'm also still looking for someone who paid for a micheal bolton album, so perhaps my research techniques are in need of refinement...

Well its one of the top selling beers in america. Alot of folks think its awesome. I hate it... But its the gimmicks and cheap thrills americans will buy in mass

Without even opening the thread I knew this would be a Miller commercial rant. Both of their new products are ridiculous and I turn off my TV when the Miller 64 commercial comes on. Punch top can is stupid. If you need to chug your beer stab it in the side with your car keys like a man.

The Doctor Pepper 10 commercials are just as bad. Who the **** is the target audience? The little rascals?

If I am going to have a bunch of moochers over drinking beer I will have a fridge full of high life 40's though.... Cheaper than jugs of water lol

I did like the Miller ads that said "If you drink brand X, you are less manly than we are because we drink Miller Lite and Lite has more taste. More taste = more manly."

I loved watching that while drinking a glass of my 14 oz. of hops Pliny clone or my year-old 1.090 RIS.

Well its one of the top selling beers in america. Alot of folks think its awesome. I hate it... But its the gimmicks and cheap thrills americans will buy in mass

NO- i don't mean the beer. I realize lots of people like it- I like it- well- I prefer it to water. I mean the ads. what kind of writers are sitting around a table and think this ad campaign/ gimmick is cool? who approves this sh&t??? i will continue to search high and low until i find someone who actually enjoys these commercials... that i may punch them, square in the naughts

Miller should send HBT a check. There's more talk here about their beverages and beverage containers than on their own site. Me too. Guilty as charged.

People may try a product due to a gimmick, but gimmicks are not what keeps them. They see a gimmick, they see all the hype generated about the gimmick (ah, yeah, that's a big part of it) so they go try the product to see what's the big deal. Why all the fuss.

Once they try the product, once that beer is in their mouth, that's it for the gimmick. People don't keep drinking Miller for the container. They keep drinking it because they like it. Oh, sure, it costs less than other beers, but it's not half the price of beers that some would consider better. Price is not the lead driver. It's quality. Like-a-bility.

no one thinks it's awesome. i've been doing research. i'm also still looking for someone who paid for a micheal bolton album, so perhaps my research techniques are in need of refinement...

I cant imagine some paying for a Michael Bolton album! I'd pay to get it off my hands...or maybe to see an effigy of Bolton made of his cassettes burning brightly!

It makes you wonder who their marketing team consists of?

"hey bro, got a real problem with regular cans bro."
"whys that bro?"
"broseph, it's too hard to shotgun, man."

.... And thus, the punch top can is born. If I ever see anyone opening the punch top for another guy in public they are getting a piña colada dumped on their head.

It makes you wonder who their marketing team consists of?

"hey bro, got a real problem with regular cans bro."
"whys that bro?"
"broseph, it's too hard to shotgun, man."

.... And thus, the punch top can is born. If I ever see anyone opening the punch top for another guy in public they are getting a piña colada dumped on their head.

well then they are retarded and don't know how to shotgun, should be fired and have their testicles removed. For a faster drain, the hole at the bottom needs to be larger- adding an extra vent the size of a pimple at the top of the can won't do a thing except make the vacuum break more complicated. That's my point - NO ONE is buying this marketing gimmick. no one needs it, no one wants it, and now that we have it, no one is happier that we do. People who drink miller could care less, people who don't could care less- WHY DO IT??? i can't believe marketing execs are this out of touch with reality...

The real question is, why does anyone here give a **** what Miller does with their cans?

So, they vented the lid of their, titanium lined for freshness, wide mouth, glow in the dark at -32*F labelled cans. So what.

i care. it just seems like such a weird thing to do. I want to understand. it fascinates me.

These are the same group of people that brought you the Vortex bottle and the idea that their beer is Triple Hops brewed for that great Miller taste.

It's marketing. It is what it is.

I despise this swill but come on, you have to respect these guys ability to market. They come up with these random and obviously bullshet gizmos and make the masses believe life would be worthless without them. It's like those balance bracelets people buy with the hologram on them that's supposed to make your life better. Maybe it's unethical but you have to appreciate their ability to swindle the masses and then leave them feeling great about it.

These are the same group of people that brought you the Vortex bottle and the idea that their beer is Triple Hops brewed for that great Miller taste.

It's marketing. It is what it is.

YES!!- same thing - is there someone sitting around saying "you know- the coriolis effect is good for clouds and swirling toilet water, but we can do much better for our beer- and people are going to BUY it" and someone else in the room was like "nicely done!- now let's go play squash"
i need to get my hands on some of those goods...
i'm fascinated...

I figure there are at least 100 colleges on average per state, which makes 5,000 colleges. Figure on at least 10 people (conservatively) at each of these buying a case of this new Miller if only to "try it to see if it's better," and you've just sold 50,000 cases of beer.

50,000 CASES OF BEER!!!!!

Just finished reading that DFH book. Great insight on why and how big companies market (from sams perspective). After that and watching the beer wars doc, why do we expect marketing the great triple hops brewed flavor? I love me a vortex bottle.

Latest posts

Back