Real good cleaning.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocturnus

Reaction score
I got some goodies from a friend of mine. They have been sitting in his garage for a little while and some parts have some old brew bits dried in. I let them soak in hot water to break everything up and i'm gonna get something to scrub them with. My question is, what kind of soap is safe to use for cleaning? I was thinking soap and scrub, then rinse out then use a bleach solution and let it soak a little then wash out/air then I would think it's good to use.

That sound about right?

Nice what sort of goodies? Instead of soap I'd just let them soak in OxiClean for a while. That'll get alot of the crud off and should minimize the scrubbing you have to do. Then just sanitize as usual on brew day.

Carboy, bucket, lid and 2 brew pots. I'll get some OxiClean and let it soak. Thanks...

Am I to be looking for some powder version of this at one of the big box stores?

Back