Ready in time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betterbeer1

Reaction score
Started a pumpkin ale on 10/30, fermentation went very fast and was at the target gravity and racked to secondary in 10 days (11/9) The dilemma I'm in now is they just announced a microbrew beer exchange at work on 11/23. I would love to throw my beer into the mix but I don't want to if it's going to taste like bad. I was thinking of bottling on 11/14 which would be about 10 days in bottles. Too soon to bottle? Should I wait longer?

for that kind of beer that sounds pretty quick. Do you have the ability to crash cool your beer?

If anything, you could just pull enough out to bottle a 6 pack or so to take with you and leave the rest.

I don't have what I need to cold crash. It's a pretty big beer exchange with about 50 or so people so the least that I can bring is a case. The good thing is that no one will be drinking the beer that night, which gives it an extra night of conditioning. It's at the target gravity so is there any harm in cutting the secondary off short and bottling?

I don't have what I need to cold crash. It's a pretty big beer exchange with about 50 or so people so the least that I can bring is a case. The good thing is that no one will be drinking the beer that night, which gives it an extra night of conditioning. It's at the target gravity so is there any harm in cutting the secondary off short and bottling?

essentially at this time your waiting for the yeasties to finish cleaning up after themselves and fall out of suspension. without out the aid of cold crashing or filtering this can take a while depending on your yeast and how it flocculates.

I have a feeling this is the kind of beer you don't want to rush though.

Back