Ready for the next step

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teachtim

Reaction score
I've been brewing with Mr. Beer for 4 years now and have liked the results for all my brews. However I need to get better. Also it makes more sense to brew a larger volume for close to the same money.
Is there any value in keeping my mr. beer keg and bottles? I have a local homebrew shop that can help with supplies. Any opinions on what to start with? I love hoppy beers.

I kept my mr beer kit for making small testers and experimenting however and extra fermentor where I live is 13 dollars so the choice is yours. The bottles for sure are good to keep because you can put your bigger batches in them just the same although you will find new techniques since you wont be priming with table sugar directly in the bottle and things like that. As for you first recipe I would talk to you HBS, if you have never done a boil and things like that (depends how advanced you have gotten with the Mr Beer) the directions and help you can get from the home brew shop can be very helpful. I would also look at the first chapter of palmers book as he does a speed breakdown of your first large batch which helps a lot if you have never gone past the mr beer kit. Please don't take offense if you are very advanced :) I am just guessing you are at the same place I was when I switched from the MBK to full batches and I am glad I did. Welcome to the extension of the hobby and if you like hops just tell the HBS that when selecting your first brew. :mug:

Welcome! :mug: You'll enjoy the more advanced version of the hobby even more than you enjoyed the Mr. Beer and you will have much more beer at one time, which is always a plus.

Back