Readjust the adjustable pressure gauge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
I had the adjustable pressure gauge set to 30psi. I turned on the line and it drops to 20psi - just I readjust to 30??

Translation: "I set my regulator to 30 psi, then opened the shut-off valve and the pressure reading dropped to 20 psi".

If the pressure remained at 20 psi, there must be CO2 escaping out of what should be a closed system. Ie: you have a leak.

Otherwise, while there could be a brief pressure drop when you opened the shut-off valve, the regulator would still allow gas (from a cylinder that's sitting at 500 psi or higher) to pass to try to equalize at the 30 psi setting...

Cheers!

Thanks - I did the soap test and found nothing but I unattached and reattached and did an over all tighten and all is well now - I was just not sure what was "normal"

All good now!

My regulator is slow being that I keep my co2 in the fridge. I usually set it to a pressure then recheck in a few hours.

Back