Reactivated Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PereFecto

Reaction score
Hi

I know there is tones of thread about this subject, but since I'm new here and don't want to read all night, I will probably ask the same question already answered elsewhere :drunk:

After 19 days in the primary fermenter, the fermentation seem over. But, it only give me 5.5 degree and I wanted more for this batch.

Should I add sugar in a secondary fermenter ?

Should just wait even if the fermentation seem done ?

Is this what we call "double fermentation " ?

Many thanks !

Oh, initial reading : 1.070
After 19 days : 1.030

What temperature is the beer at? I'd recommend swirling the fermenter to rouse the yeast, and moving it to a warmer location first. Give it 3 days and check your gravity again.

Also, with an OG of 1070 I'd be willing to bet you didn't pitch enough yeast, so you may even want to pick up another packet of yeast and drop it in there.

Warm it up a little. I have a porter that I thought was finished, though I hadn't checked FG. I moved it from the cement floor up onto a counter and 2 days later it started fermenting again. It was a couple degrees warmer on the counter.

Latest posts

Back