Re-ignited

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiingimpy

Reaction score
Looooonnnngggg time lurker, kind of been around for a long time. Moved, started a new job, blew up my life, and now fired the brewery back up. Learned everything I know about making beer from this site and these forums. (I joke that I gave myself a masters in making beer, you could probably get a phd, but I got real bad grades in chemistry and biology through not caring).

I feel bad about not contributing to the community and have resolved to do better. We'll see if that lasts.

About me: small town southern (colorado) lawyer. Area without an active brewing community, and until very recently without a local brewery.

My set up: wildly, needlessly expensive all grain rig. 10 gallon batches, kegs, multiple tanks and at least three regulators. Malt mill. (If you crush your own grain find the malt conditioning wiki on this very site and do it. Enables a much tighter crush with much better hulls for the grain bed). Fly sparge. Pumps. Stainless cuz I hate buckets.

Wanted to say hi, will try to contribute when I can. Feel free to ask questions. I've stalked and lurked enough I can probably at least give you a good start.

@floppyknockers I totally can't get that song outta my head now.

And @skiingimpy Welcome back to the fold, sir. Affordable tract housing we made us neighbors, but you made us friends. :D

The 'first' batch in the new brewery was supposed to be a pale ale. But I'm lazy with brewsmith and efficiency and the aforementioned conditioned/crushed malt jacked the gravity way up and my 'ehh, 57's' still in range for pale ale IBUs made it an ipa.

Boss called it at 3, tapped it when I got home. Somewhere in the top 10 of batches I've ever made. And I'm now tanked.

It's 5:47.

Latest posts

Back