Ranco buttons don't seem to work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewswithshoes

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Been having some flaky responsiveness from the programming buttons on my Ranco single stage controller. It's on my glycol chiller and is hard wired in.

Whenever I try to press the set button to make changes it does nothing. I've tried holding in the buttons, pushing from different angles, etc. It still works to turn on the chiller when it gets above the 60f it's set at, but I'm bummed I can no longer change any settings.

Any ideas, or should I just order a new one. I wanted to start my cold crash today but can't.

Thanks for any help or experience with these

There is a front panel "Lock-Out" switch under the back cover.
Might want to open it up and then slide that switch back and forth a few times and see if the buttons wake up...

Cheers!

There is a front panel "Lock-Out" switch under the back cover.
Might want to open it up and then slide that switch back and forth a few times and see if the buttons wake up...

Cheers!

@day_trippr Thanks for the recommendation. After my first unsuccessful attempt that was raising the temp, i went back and did this again literally flipping the lock/unlock switch about 30 times and it is working a bit now. i have to mash the down arrow twice to get degree down each number, but i am able to get it to 1 C, which is letting me cold crash. YEAHHHHH !!!!!

still think i need a replacement as not sure how long this temp fix will last, but all will be good with this batch.

thanks again. :mug:

Latest posts

Back