R.I.P. @Bracconiere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some time ago he mentioned a fire at a neighbors house, or in the neighborhood, and a link to the news article? I don't recall exactly. I suppose it'd be a little strange to figure it out then go knocking on doors in his neighborhood.

Knock, knock
(door opens)
Do you have any neighbors that grow their own grain and run it through a clothes dryer?

I wonder if that guy is still around somewhere…
1686259330880.png

Hope Bracc is not involved in the canadian fires, he'd be in trouble for leaving the states under witsec I think. And I totally agree that while it might amuse him to essentially be looking in on his own funeral, he'd be unable to withhold comment.

View attachment 821947

Hope Bracc is not involved in the canadian fires, he'd be in trouble for leaving the states under witsec I think. And I totally agree that while it might amuse him to essentially be looking in on his own funeral, he'd be unable to withhold comment.
Glad he’s around. He hasn’t posted in 2 years though.

Heartens me to see all these posts. I just hope he's not lurking without posting, too embarrassed to come back (although I find that notion inconceivable). I did send him a DM back in early May, with my personal email address in case he didn't want to reply here. Still nothing, and yes I check my spam regularly. HBT just isn't the same.

Question: can't the mods send him a direct email? We all have to have an email address to have an account. This has probably been done already but I just thought of it.

Heartens me to see all these posts. I just hope he's not lurking without posting, too embarrassed to come back (although I find that notion inconceivable). I did send him a DM back in early May, with my personal email address in case he didn't want to reply here. Still nothing, and yes I check my spam regularly. HBT just isn't the same.

Question: can't the mods send him a direct email? We all have to have an email address to have an account. This has probably been done already but I just thought of it.
The mods cannot see a member's email addr. Only the admins can do that (unless I have a power I haven't found yet.)

Brew on :mug:

The mods cannot see a member's email addr. Only the admins can do that (unless I have a power I haven't found yet.)

Brew on :mug:
According to all TV and movie computer hacker tropes, you can, with very few keystrokes, turn on my toaster and reorder eggs, toothpaste, and Weyermann Barke Pils malt. (hopefully not used simultaneously)

According to all TV and movie computer hacker tropes, you can, with very few keystrokes, turn on my toaster and reorder eggs, toothpaste, and Weyermann Barke Pils malt. (hopefully not used simultaneously)
I can only fantasize about having that kind of power.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

Is it possible that he's currently a ward of the state?
I believe that wards of the state are sometimes allowed a limited amount of internet access, but sites that have anything to do with alcohol consumption are probably blocked. So we should all report any unexpected running of small appliances or deliveries of malt that we didn't order. Then we'll just have to crack the code that he's using to communicate with us.

I will not give up my sources, but I now know his real name. And his house is for sale as of about a week ago. It's listed with a realtor and does not state bank sale, so maybe he's just in the process of moving. Or he may have just been renting. Dunno, I'm rambling here. Why should I care about some rando on a forum I frequent? That I also do not know.

I will not give up my sources, but I now know his real name. And his house is for sale as of about a week ago. It's listed with a realtor and does not state bank sale, so maybe he's just in the process of moving. Or he may have just been renting. Dunno, I'm rambling here. Why should I care about some rando on a forum I frequent? That I also do not know.
Does the house have a basement? Just seeing if we can eliminate any of Max's possible picks.

I know that bracc shared home malted grain with some people. I could be wrong, but I want to say @Jayjay1976 received some. I assume anyone who got that would have his name and address, which I'm sure the Marshals are thrilled about.

seatazzz, Jayjay, can either one of you, without doxing him, search for what might be his local newspapers, and see if his name has come up?

Why should I care about some rando on a forum I frequent?

What are a group of people that get together daily to shoot the sh*t, discuss current events, share in a community activity, play games together, etc, etc?

Friends. And we care about our friends. Especially those that seem to not have much other community.

I know that bracc shared home malted grain with some people. I could be wrong, but I want to say @Jayjay1976 received some. I assume anyone who got that would have his name and address, which I'm sure the Marshals are thrilled about.

seatazzz, Jayjay, can either one of you, without doxing him, search for what might be his local newspapers, and see if his name has come up?
His name has not shown up in any local news sources

I know his name as well. I checked his city's news and arrest records a couple times for him, but didn't even think checking Zillow.

Likely he is just in between ISPs at the moment. Kinda surprised he didn't say anything about moving.

Back