Quit smoking today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you really can't stay perpetually druk while you detox from the nicotine, I found that atomic fireballs, and candied ginger really helped me get through it...

Yes!!! That's what I did! I had atomic fireballs in the pocket of every coat, in my car, in my toolbox at work, etc. I can probably trace my teeth issues back to then!

Everyone has their own way of quitting. You got to be mad enough at it to hate it. Then attack it with all you have. I would advise not to use chew though. It's maybe better than inhaling, but still gross and can still give you cancer of the mouth.

Stay away from places that encourage smoking, like smoky bars, and friends who smoke. It's so much easier to cheat in those instances, and once you start cheating, it's easy to start back up again.

My dad and his wife and some friends started rolling their own when the price got high enough. I thought, why not just quit? They had wanted to before.

Now he's passed away (heart attack at 58) and she has gone through a very serious cancer period (stage 4 but has managed to get rid of it) and still smokes. At one point there was no reason for her to quit, because she was dying anyway. Now she still smokes probably because she believes her cancer cure will keep it at bay. Quitting will keep it at bay even better, thinks I.

I smoked a bit in high school, but never got hooked, and frankly can't understand it. I can only wish you luck on your goal to quit. I've seen how hard it can be, but also how wonderful you can feel when you do quit.

i quit 3 weeks ago , wife is pregnant so i quit becase she did too.

its hard but you can do it.
the hard part is when you are dunk

I quit smoking on the 11th of APR.
I am cheating a bit by using Wellburtrin (sp), after 15 years of smoking and several failed cold turkey attempts, I was game for anything.
In my perscription kit there is a little booklet that you should really fill out.
If you find that you can not fill it out, HONESTLY, than you may not be ready to quit.

My biggest reason for quitting are my 3 children, and SWMBO wants another.
I will be about 35-37 for the last kid to be born, and when that kid is 15 add 28-30 years of smoking and *poof* you are that guy sitting on the park bench with a little stroller for your baby oxygen bottle.

No Thank You, I want to be the guy out there playing soccer, football, even run a few road races with my children. Not a half dead 50 yr old with a little hoses stuffed in my nose.

I say Congrats to all of you that have quit and I wish the rest of us trying the best of luck

-Jason

Back