Quiet Condenser Fan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie1

Reaction score
Hi All,
New to the forum. Thanks for having me. My kegerator, Beverage Air BM23-B-32 has a very loud condenser fan. I can hear it throughout the entire home when it comes on. Are there more quiet models that anybody knows about?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Bernie

Might have been an issue for others.

" I bought this a year ago. I was putting Belgian trippels in it and loving it. A buddy came over and said that each time the compressor turned on it sounded like the beer was flying in from Belgium. I moved it to the garage. "

review on Amazon.

I love commercial kegerators...well-built, can take a beating and still look great, BUT: They are loud, period. For several years I was the location sound-guy on dozens of films shot in restaurants, bars, etc, and I can tell you; All commercial kegerators are in the same volume range. Despite knowing this, I wanted one and my first kegerator, a Continental KC-24, made it's way to my main-floor kitchen at the back of my house where it kept me awake in my bedroom at the front of the house on the second floor all night.... It is currently sitting unused on my back deck waiting to be given to my neighbor. Owing to injury, I'm extremely sensitized to noise and vibration coming up through the floor, so I may be an extreme example and some of the solutions I tried to make it work may be enough for you: I put a deep shag-rug underneath it, and a thick floor-mat upright on the walls behind and beside it and this greatly reduced the noise and vibration, and perhaps if not for my dysfunctional CNS, it may have been enough, but hey..I'm messed up so.. Even though money is very tight with me, I bought @KegLand 's Series X (which I believe is sold as Kegco in the US and I love the thing. Some reviewers of it have complained of noise, but for me I find it no louder than my kitchen refrigerator and it sits in the same corner as the KC-24, but without all the acoustic padding and I'm very happy with it.

Back