Quickest brewday EVER!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh you bastid! I've been wanting to brew that for a long time now, and never went through the trouble of locating the hops! I *so* need to drive down to TX now. :p

I *so* need to drive down to TX now. :p

I don't know dude...it's freakin HOT right now! I'm sweating my balls off....looks like I just took a shower....but it's sweat. Plus the squiters are out like crazy bc Dolly and all the water she left.

How I just drive up to NE and bring some hops? :D

Sweet hot action! :D
We're in a bit of a heat wave too though. Nothing like a Texas heat, but it's still miserable. Th-F-S forecast is 98-97-101. Too warm for me. Our skeeters have calmed down, seemingly. I hate the buggers tho. They set off all sorts of OCD in me. I start swatting my legs every 3 seconds, thinking they're biting me. :mad:

It was gorgeous yesterday though - we got some clouds mid-day and it cooled off quickly... stayed about 84*F most of the afternoon/evening... that helped the A/C units regain a little ground...
You should be cooled and in the bucket by now, eh boy? :p

Done, 3hrs.....Orfy still holds the record as fastest brewer I guess....I went from 1:42 to 4:45. My slowest time was getting up to boil. I tried putting my first runnings in my kettle and putting it on the flame but it didn't seem to help much...plus I boiled over 1gal in my 7gal pot...that sucked :(

I mashed for...I guess 40min or so, that helped a little. I swear I'm going to get it down to 2.5 one of these days. Now that I'm getting good eff and all that...I think this is my new challenge :D

Oh, 1 cool thing to note. I got from boiling to 60* in 15min with 40lb of ice...talk about cold break! I've NEVER seen that much b4...pretty sweet

Too many bugs, I feel like I'm a junky going through withdraw symptoms. You know - bugs crawling all over you that you just keep swatting at. Only it's not withdraw, there really are bugs crawling all over me.

Screw the eagles, none here anyway. Bring back DDT and all those nasty things, just get rid of the bugs.

Done, 3hrs.....Orfy still holds the record as fastest brewer I guess....I went from 1:42 to 4:45.

That's very respectable, well done.

It's not a competition but it is good to know you have the process down to a T and that you are efficient.

I would never brew if I didn't have a 4 hour window.
It does mean you have more brewing opportunities if you can do it in around 3 hours.

That being said I'm struggling finding that time at present. I've been needing/wanting to brew for the last 3 weeks and can't see it happening for the next 2!!!!!

I'm even cringing and thinking I may chuck a no boil extract in just so I can get some more beer on. I'm running dry.

Was just thinking the other day it will be cooling off again soon and time to brew English beers again. The goblin will definitely be back in the rotation.

GT

Holy ****! I thought my 4 1/2 hr brew day was smokin fast... Actually I've learned that if I'm gunna brew, I'm gunna brew with focus on quality. If all I'm gunna do is fill a keg, then extract is the way to go.

I love squeezing in a brew in a short time, but for me, nothing is better than a relaxing day next to my rig. The longest brewday I ever had was a two batch day (20 gal) that lasted almost 18 hours including cleanup. no hurries/no worries.

Having just moved to AG, I think if time is limited I'm making a cider or a mead, quick potent and ooohh so deadly. ( I disconnect the kegs when friends come over ).

I would never had thought a brew day could be done if 3< hours. I have much to learn, and I would have to get out of the kitchen before I could come close, and that will not happen for a while.
Thanks for the thread, it got me thinking - time is money, or time better spent doing something else.

Back