Questions about infection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fvirzi

Reaction score
So I brewed a 10 gallon batch of centennial blonde about a month ago. Last weekend I kegged 5 gallons of it and moved the other 5 gallons into a plastic carboy because I needed the glass to ferments another batch. The batch that I kegged tastes bad hard to explain almost of flat taste and just not good. The 5 gallons that is in the plastic carboy started fermenting again and I thought I read somewhere that an infection will restart the fermentation. Probably going to dump the keg because I can't get over the taste and I was wondering if anybody had any info on the other 5 gallons. Also I probably have brewed the centennial blonde over 100 gallons and I've never had a problem.

So the more I search I am thinking that maybe it is oxidized. Does this sound like a possibility?

That doesn't look infected but it doesn't mean that it isn't infected. Try to pinpoint where you went wrong in your process and learn from it. It may take you a few batches to nail down the culprit. If it tastes bad, dump it.

Latest posts

Back