Question on used food grade buckets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a source of 5.5 gallon size food grade buckets that I am thinking about buying to either store my dry grain or use for smaller fermentation sized vessels. This is the reply I got from the source of the buckets and I would like to hear anyone's opinion about whether or not they would be safe to use for homebrewing.

The buckets were only used for transport of chopped melon ( cantaloupe or honeydew ) from a food supplier for restaurant use. I have run them through a commercial dishwasher then allowed them to air dry upside down. They do not have any melon odor. The lid has a neoprene gasket and snaps down tight.

Thanks for any replies you might have.

They sound fine for your intentions. To me the cost is the only inhibitor here, since you didn't mention that who knows if it is a good deal.

Well if you don't buy them I'm going to! ;)

Sounds like a great deal. I'd certainly pick up a few.

Go for it! I get 5 gallon corn syrup buckets at my local grocery bakery for a buck with the lid and o-ring.

Latest posts

Back