Question-Mr Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dahound75k

Reaction score
Big question... I went to my local homebrew store and was helped by a nice lady. She pointed me towards a can and I purchased a Muntons connoisseurs wheat beer kit. It came with yeast (She said that I should throw it away) but she sold me on another couple packs of yeast and said the Muntons/yeast i bought was all I would need. The label on the side of the can says that I should add sugar or spray dried malt extract. I have only brewed 3 Mr Beer refills (HME and booster). I am new to brewing and don't want to start brewing 5 gallon yet, but I have 2 Mr Beer kegs to use if I need it.
What is the best way to use the Muntons, should I buy something else? What do I do? Help! [email protected]
PS-I would like to maybe use some fruit in this wheat-suggestions?

Assuming this is a 5 gallon kit, I would just boil the whole kit, but make it a bit more concentrated -- 4 gal instead of 5. That might even keep you from needing to add sugar or LME, depending on how much you were instructed to add. Then just split the batch between the 2 gallon fermenters.

*snip* I purchased a Muntons connoisseurs wheat beer kit. *snip*The label on the side of the can says that I should add sugar or spray dried malt extract. *snip* I have 2 Mr Beer kegs to use if I need it. *snip*
What is the best way to use the Muntons, should I buy something else?*snip* Jason

Jason,
The Muntons connoisseurs in a can kits are hopped for 5/6 gallon batches.
You really need to add more sugar, I would add 2.2 lbs of dried malt extract.

Since you have 2 MrBeer fermenters split the can between them and then split the DME (dried malt extract).

My suggestions then would be to buy some light DME, and if you want fruit wheat beer just buy a small bottle of flavoring of your choice instead of fruit this time.

Keep brewing and learning!

Latest posts

Back