Question for parents of teenagers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sons are between the ages of 11-13. We make them shower every evening esp on school nights. Let me tell you how much of a fricken hassle it is to get them to do it, even though they have done the same thing every night for the last 3 years or so. Even so, occasionally one slips by and with three of them sleeping in the same room, I walk in some mornings to wake them up and swear I'm in the cattle barns at the fair. When I was a teenager, we had one bathroom at home so I would wake up a bit early and walk to school just to shower.

Wow, I hope she is ok. Which vet? It may have been the same one that I had to take my cat to. He broke his leg at like 1 am.

Wow, I hope she is ok. Which vet? It may have been the same one that I had to take my cat to. He broke his leg at like 1 am.

Windcrest. I remember seeing a lot of DuPont buildings around. She is fine and back to being her normal self except when she bumps her tail on something and cries out again. I'm glad she is not holding a grudge for me being so rough with her trying to restrain her all that time. Young Lab/chow mix. This is the third time she got stitched up. Should have been healed by now but we are back at square one. This time they used dissolving stitches so hopefully that will help. This time the cone stays on longer and we keep it just in case. Vet should have waited a week or so after removing the stitches before taking the cone off. Next time we KEEP the cone just in case.

You know, now that I have been thinking about this for a bit, I'm not absolutely sure I would take a shower at school if I was going now. That is even though I shower 4-5 times a week at the gym.

Thinking back, we all took showers after PE, and practice. The shower was just the tiled section with a half wall, and a bunch of nozzles on the far wall.

Back when I was in school the worst thing you were looking at was (the possibility of) a bit of razzing, or a towel snapping you. With the advent of camera phones that have the ability to upload video, and what I have seen of kids getting web harassment, and e-stalking, I don't know.

You know, now that I have been thinking about this for a bit, I'm not absolutely sure I would take a shower at school if I was going now. That is even though I shower 4-5 times a week at the gym.

Thinking back, we all took showers after PE, and practice. The shower was just the tiled section with a half wall, and a bunch of nozzles on the far wall.

Back when I was in school the worst thing you were looking at was (the possibility of) a bit of razzing, or a towel snapping you. With the advent of camera phones that have the ability to upload video, and what I have seen of kids getting web harassment, and e-stalking, I don't know.

That is a very good point about the camera phones. Hopefully this will catch on though in the womens locker rooms.

Wow, dude....
All this time I've has this little mental sneer going on... "silly kids today"
I never even thought of that. But, now that you say it, it so totally would happen. Before you were even dressed, every other kid would be watching the video of it on their iPhoneberrything and blogging comments about the pimple on your ass.

Latest posts

Back