Question about my first home brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbsdaddy

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch on Tuesday 11/18 and it was a BB kit English Pale Ale.

Everything went fine and the beer seemed to ferment fine as well. I checked the SG for the past 2 nights and it read 1.020??? It does not seem to be fermenting anoymore so is it done??? My hydrometer seems to be accurate.

Any advice for the newbeeee. I also moved it to a secondary glass carboy last night to see if that helps the yeast, plus i also wanted to see the beer;)

I brewed my first batch on Tuesday 11/18 and it was a BB kit English Pale Ale.

Everything went fine and the beer seemed to ferment fine as well. I checked the SG for the past 2 nights and it read 1.020??? It does not seem to be fermenting anoymore so is it done??? My hydrometer seems to be accurate.

Any advice for the newbeeee. I also moved it to a secondary glass carboy last night to see if that helps the yeast, plus i also wanted to see the beer;)

did you mean 1/18? if it's been in the primary since November then you're okay.

If it's only been seven days then I'd say leave it alone for another week or two. Primary fermentation may be over but the yeast still needs time to clean up.

Sorry 1/18. There is no way i could leave my first batch in there for that long!!

Is there still yeast in there since i racked to secondary??

Latest posts

Back