Question about a Munton Bock kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djstaticburn

Reaction score
I have brewed a little here and there with Mr. Beer Kits a few times and was quite surprised at the outcome. Skip to, yesterday I purchased a 5 gallon brewing setup, and got a Munton's Bock beer kit with it. I also randomly have a Mr Beer Oktoberfest kit laying around.

My question is could i use the oktoberfest with the bock kit, or would that be too much malt?

just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Could you and should you are 2 very different questions. One of the great things about home brewing is that you can do pretty much anything you want. One of the great things about knowledge is it gives you the ability to make informed decisions.
The best answer to your question is yes, you could. The best advice is no you probably shouldn't.
Until such time as you have a handle on what various ingredients add to a beer and can put together a recipe with that knowledge I suggest you treat a kit as a kit and brew it with the included ingredients.
There is no reason you can't brew the Mr. Beer kit with your new setup. Then you'll have 2 batches that are likely drinkable instead of 1 that may or may not be.

Back