Quality issue with Barproducts DTS-419 drip tray?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerofgeorge

Reaction score
For the price, you can't beat the barproducts DTS-419 tray. I just got mine today and wasn't impressed with the quality. A lot of the grates have markings on them. It looks like it got scratched up when they were bending the grates down. The tray also doesn't fit right in the holder. Am I being too picking since it was a great deal? Just wondering if others have had any issues with the quality. It's still way cheaper than anything else out there but I still want it to look nice.

I got mine not too long ago. Yeah, not the greatest, a few minor blemishes, and fit wasn't spot on. I was cutting it down in size anyways and got the fit fixed. For the price, I don't think there's any room for complaining. I'm not.

i'm no driptray expert, but i've been happy with mine...especially for the money...

I bought one last year and it was in perfect shape. Maybe you just got a messed up one? The only thing that I did to mine was to add round rubber bumpers underneath so it wouldn't slide around on my kegerator.

Yeah, you get what you pay for I guess. I just wanted to make sure mine wasn't the only one that wasn't pristine looking. Don't get me wrong, for the price it's going to look just fine and it will definitely serve it's purpose.

Hmm, maybe I don't know what a good drip tray is like. The only complaint I have with mine is that I don't have a quick way to remove the whole shebang for cleaning - but that's more my fault for how i installed it.

it's a damn drip tray. As long as it catches the drips it works for me. I never noticed scratches on mine, but I'll look when I get home.

B

[Rant]

It tweeks me to no end when someone purchases something very cheaply, criticizes it because it is not top quality and then asks "am I being too picky?". When are these people going to wake up and smell the coffee? You only get what you pay for. There is no free lunch, you don't get something for nothing. I have respect for the poster above who said it was cheap, not pretty but that is why I bought it. Jeezzzzz people wake up!

[End Rant]

I just ordered one. I will be mad it it doesn't lie flat or it leaks. Other than that, I don't much care (unless it's pink or something).

I got mine not too long ago. Yeah, not the greatest, a few minor blemishes, and fit wasn't spot on. I was cutting it down in size anyways and got the fit fixed. For the price, I don't think there's any room for complaining. I'm not.

What did you use to cut the tray? I was thinking about getting one of these and trimming it to fit under my taps. Is it thin enough for tin snips?

I have one, and then found it just barely doesn't fit between the rails on my kegerator. I ended up getting better shaped one with a cutout for the tower, instead.

Back