Puzzled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkeydude

Reaction score
I'm perplexed. I have two brews in the fermentation chamber (gotta love the temp regulator on a freezer) set at 67 for two weeks now. Today I wanted to crash cool both of them before transfer to the bright tanks so, I dialed the temp down to 45 degrees.
I just checked on it and it is down to 63 and my airlocks are bubbling like fermentation has started again. I don't see any visible signs of such but there go the air locks.
I have both brews in Better Bottles. Could it be that they are going through a shrinking phase as they cool and are just letting off pressure?
I'm not worried, just puzzled. Any ideas?

Logical I would think. As the liquid cools and compresses the gas has to go somewhere, right?

Only, CO2 is more soluble as the liquid cools so maybe you've reached a break point.

I checked the readings three days in a row with the same results all three days (tastes damn good already!) so, I can only assume it was done fermenting. Kinda weird though.

Back