Putting faucets on the side of a Mini Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poto101

Reaction score
Is it possible to drill faucet holes on the side of a Sanyo 4912 mini fridge? Or is it necessary to put a tower on top of the thing?

I would put a tower on, but i recently came across a great deal for some faucets and shanks.

Sure, since most of the fridges lines and controls are on the back side. I just drilled into the side of my fridge, no problems.

Okay

thanks for the responses. I had never seen any mini fridge kegerators that didn't have the tower and wasn't sure what the deal with that was.

Yeah it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe you could make a platform or something for the fridge to sit on so you don't have to bend down so far to get a beer.

Of course with no platform it would be at a nice height so you could lay on the floor and drink from the faucet with minimal mess.

Here was my old setup..before i made a kreezer.

2000450141_medium.jpg

The fridge is on top of an Ikea "lack" side table. It's only like $10 and fits perfect.

Here was my old setup..before i made a kreezer.

2000450141_medium.jpg

The fridge is on top of an Ikea "lack" side table. It's only like $10 and fits perfect.

Looks good. Did you remove the shelves that were on the door when you did that, or did you just drill right through them?

Back