Purchasing 3/16 ID beer line locally...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The PVC lines sold from hardware stores are meant to be used for home water lines, so I don't know why they wouldn't be food-grade.

It says right on the page:

First-run FDA-approved clear vinyl is appropriate for use in food and beverage applications

I am not sure what the difference is, but I have some of that at home, and I noticed that the 3/16 ID beer line at autin homebrew had MUCH thicker walls. I have never used "official beer line", if you will so I dont know if it pours differently, but that is the difference I have noticed just by looking at the stuff.

HHP said:
I am not sure what the difference is, but I have some of that at home, and I noticed that the 3/16 ID beer line at autin homebrew had MUCH thicker walls. I have never used "official beer line", if you will so I dont know if it pours differently, but that is the difference I have noticed just by looking at the stuff.

Beer line, from what I can tell, is double walled and some will have an inner wall that cause less flavor pollution in the beer when it is left in the line for a day or more.

OP: Did you buy this? Has it worked? My beer line is 7/16 OD and this is 5/16 OD. By my math, that's 1/8" difference, which on either side of the tubing would be 1/16".

Doesn't seem like it should matter much, right? It claims to be rated for up to 55psi...

Latest posts

Back