Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So since you guys are talking about gorilla biscuits and the things they did later....Did you guys ever get into Quicksand? They had two albums slip and manic compression (ithink). I use to love manic compression. i tried to listen to it a few years ago and didn't really do it for me that time around.

I was just thinking about my old punk days. Curious... is straight edge still a thing? Those kids used to be everywhere on the scene.

Yep. We have a punk house that still completely straight edge. Never been to a show there because it just doesnt sound fun to be judged by a bunch of over idealistic hipster punx. I prefer the crusty variety, though i have never been one to dress the part. I like showers.

Yep. We have a punk house that still completely straight edge. Never been to a show there because it just doesnt sound fun to be judged by a bunch of over idealistic hipster punx. I prefer the crusty variety, though i have never been one to dress the part. I like showers.

Ha ha. Doesn't sound like they have changed much either!

stupid sxe kids...ive been in so many fights with courage crew kids just cause im drinking.

Eff the fricking courage crew. I'm from Ohio and those effing jerks ruined so many shows. I remember on countless occasions 5 or 6 of them would jump someone for smoking a cigarette. It takes no courage whatsoever for 6 guys to take on one.

Bunch of bitches...

Yeah, they're one of the biggest straightedge gangs out there and they're all over the midwest. I think only FSU on the east coast is a bigger straightedge gang.

dfc said:
Yeah, they're one of the biggest straightedge gangs out there and they're all over the midwest. I think only FSU on the east coast is a bigger straightedge gang.

Lol fsu bunch of ****ing tools.

But yea I have sxe friends and its like you said some are cool some are not just like every other clique in hardcore, whether it be Christian, atheist, veg, vegan, sxe, whatever...

Just don't worry about **** at shows and have fun

dfc said:
Haha, I actually think it's "Friends Stand United" or some cliche hardcore saying similar to that. Eff S**t Up does cross the mind though.

It started as f*ck sh*t up but they changed it to sound more legit iirc

I had to research all this stuff when I was doing a paper in college back in 03, basically the roots and history of hardcore.

Got a couple books on sxe and "American hardcore" and some others I need to check on when I get home

Sorry just reread that and it sounds elitist as ****, didn't mean it that way.

If Less Than Jake did a tour where they played individual albums like this, I'd be there for sure.

A while back they did a thing where they played Price is Right games to determine which album they'd play tracks off of and got Pezcore then Losing Streak. I was pumped!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone live in the LA area? The Adicts are playing on march 16. Thinking about going. Just saw them last year. Good as always.

dfc said:
I saw them in Jersey around 2005-2006. It was a great show. The show almost made up for the fact that Jersey sucks.

Ya they're always a good time. Saw them last year too, for the new album release. Got a bunch of stuff signed

image-4284880589.jpg

A buddy of mine runs an indie label. I can't tell you the number of punkers we have partied with. Recently the leftovers from the nobody's came through and stayed at his house ( I can't remember the new bands name). I love how punk bands are all so real.

P.S. The queers are still around? Awesome! Now we need a screeching weasel reunion.

Me too! I haven't seen the Queers in almost 10 years. The last two times I saw them was with the Smugglers. Those were two great bands to see together!

Don't forget that Masked Intruder is on this tour too.

I've only really heard a few of their songs so I'll have to pull a few albums off spotify from MI get familar with them.

One of my personal favorites: 1905

I was lucky that a good friend was plugged in and got me to a show of theirs at Idle Kids in Detroit. Same guy also tipped me off to a Yaphet Kotto basement show like three blocks from me.

Bad Religion. Oddly, though, I remember hearing Ben Weasel interviewed on the release of a new album around the same time but never got around to listening to his band back then.

Back