Pumpkin wart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The great fran

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to brewing. I gave a pumpkin recipe a try and it seems like the water sperates from the pumpkin mash fairly quickly. The question I would like answered is this normal? Thanks in advance!

Sorry, had to do it [emoji6]
Pumpkin-Bunch-O-Warts.jpeg

I don't understand what you are describing. Are you putting the pumpkin in the mash and water is separating from it?

I don't understand what you are describing. Are you putting the pumpkin in the mash and water is separating from it?
I am sorry. I cooked the mash and placed it into the primary fermentor. Within ten minutes it seems like the mash is at the bottom and all the water is now at the top.

I am sorry. I cooked the mash and placed it into the primary fermentor. Within ten minutes it seems like the mash is at the bottom and all the water is now at the top.

How did you do the mash? You should have mashed the grains, removed the liquid from the grains and then boiled, adding your hops, and then put in the fermentor. Could you go through your brew day step by step?

How did you do the mash? You should have mashed the grains, removed the liquid from the grains and then boiled, adding your hops, and then put in the fermentor. Could you go through your brew day step by step?
Hey all! Thanks for the replies. Turns our everything worked out after the yeast started doing their thing. I guess I just got a little paranoid. Thanks!

What I'm deducing from the info you gave is that the trub was separating from the wort in the fermenter. This is normal. Glad the yeast started to do their thing! Cheers!

By the way, is your username a reference to the frantastic Coach Dennis Francione?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Home Brew mobile app

What I'm deducing from the info you gave is that the trub was separating from the wort in the fermenter. This is normal. Glad the yeast started to do their thing! Cheers!

By the way, is your username a reference to the frantastic Coach Dennis Francione?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Home Brew mobile app
Maybe he was a subscriber to Coach Fran's secret newsletter...

Sent from my Pixel using Home Brew mobile app

Back