Pumpkin Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milworm1

Reaction score
So I'm going to start a pumpkin cider tonight with hopes that it will be finished by Thanksgiving. I'm going to follow the recipe on here but change it up a bit since I'm makes 5g batch. I'm thinking one can of pumpkin for two gallons juice and then adding some more when I rack to secondary. Them adding the spices recommended in the post at third racking. Thoughts?

I am working on a current batch of pumpkin cider right, but in a smaller batch. I used 2 cans of pumpkin for mine and added apple juice after each racking. I added a cinnamon syrup during my secondary and followed with just Apple juice after that. I will need to rack a fourth time to remove the excess pumpkin sediment from the primary that keeps staying behind. It is a work in progress definitely.

I have re-racked mine a few times but having tried it yet. Saving for fall also.

I did a can of pumpkin puree (pure, unspiced) to a gallon of cider and let it sit for a couple months. Absolutely 0 pumpkin flavor came through. I did feel like it added to some mouthfeel but that might have been in my imagination.

I think you'd be better off just adding the typical pumpkin pie spices (clove, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, etc)

Back