Puddle in my keggerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdbright79

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Any idea why am finding a puddle of water on the bottom of the keggerator (inside). I'm assuming its condensation of some sort but I can never trace it back to the origin. On warm days my faucets sweat on the exterior, but not inside. Its defiantly not beer, no leaks, the kegs are solid. Its just a puddle of water. I thought that the door seals were going causing excess warm air to circulate but wouldn't that make the fridge run 24/7? which it doesn't......left scratching my head. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else.

Happens to me during the summer since my keezer is in the garage. Wipe up the water and get some Damprid in there. It'll prevent it from recurring.

Wipe up the water and get some Damprid in there.

Great suggestion!
I also have puddling, but never thought to put Damprid in the kegerator.

I believe the liquid comes from the air. Even when it's pretty dry out, there's still a certain amount of moisture suspended in the air. When you open the kegerator moist air gets in, and then the cold temperature makes the moisture in the air condense into liquid at the bottom. Then when you open the kegerator again the dry air inside escapes and is replaced by moist air and the cycle continues.

Back