PSI levels - help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zJ0n

Reaction score
Im kegging pumpkin spice and using force carbonation. I am then using a beer gun, and bottling them.

Promash calculated the PSI level should be: 12.79

How long will the beer be properly carbonated around 12-13 psi?
(I need to bottle is as quickly as possible)

Also, Ive seen a method of 28-30psi for 3 days? But the carbonation will result differently?

And I see a lot of people shaking the keg to speed up the process, thats all good but quality is a little important as well as time. Anyway..

Which PSI level should I go for, assuming time is rather important, but the quality is more important. Also I heard its good to turn up the PSI up one level for using the beer gun.

(Any input is greatly appreciated, im rather new, and im in way over my head and need to push out some pumpkin spice beer kit from homebrewers outpost)

You don't mention the temperature, which is an important factor.

If I am in a rush I set the pressure for 30psi for 24 hours and then taste. After that I usually set it to serving pressure and let it sit for a week. But you can let it go longer at 30 psi and test more frequently to make sure you don't overcarb.

You don't mention the temperature, which is an important factor.

If I am in a rush I set the pressure for 30psi for 24 hours and then taste. After that I usually set it to serving pressure and let it sit for a week. But you can let it go longer at 30 psi and test more frequently to make sure you don't overcarb.

So, the beer would be ready in a week, and 24 hours in your case? My beer will be in the keg at 41 degrees

Back