Prototype Previews: Hopback and Heat Stick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's working, we could have gone with slightly longer lines to reduce foaming but it's randalizing a DIPA hoptroctious.

That heat stick looks amazing. If there is a sign up for the first 50 let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That heat stick looks amazing. If there is a sign up for the first 50 let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Likewise, I was just gonna wait and order one once they're on the site, but looks like the first 50 may go FAST!

I promise to post here as soon as they are available. There's no way 50 will go in a couple days. I will warn you guys though that they are going on my new website which will be cut over some time this week. I expect a full meltdown of my shipping process and turnaround time because everything will be brand new for me and my staff. Patience is the best gift you can give me.

Hey Bobby-
So is the "Hot-Rod" going to be something I can just put into my keggle from the top, or will it have to go into a fitting?
Thanks

First, why did I decide to move the website this week? Duh, dummy, stupid. Anyway, assuming I get the new site sorted out and confirm I can accept payments and process shipping labels (it worked in testing), I will start selling both the hotrods and the new all stainless heating elements by the end of the week. I was going to allow hotrod orders a bit sooner, but it's counterproductive for people that want to bundle the hotrod with the elements in one order. Many would be compelled to get the order in right away, and then when they see that I haven't shipped yet, they'll want to add the element on. Finally, thanks for your patience!

I'd love to see what folks finished setups look like. Toying around the idea of supplementing my propane burner with one of these. Not sure if I need any fancy control other than an on/off switch (2000W in 6+ gallons)

... I will start selling both the hotrods and the new all stainless heating elements by the end of the week. I was going to allow hotrod orders a bit sooner, but it's counterproductive for people that want to bundle the hotrod with the elements in one order. Many would be compelled to get the order in right away, and then when they see that I haven't shipped yet, they'll want to add the element on. Finally, thanks for your patience!

Statements like this one are why BrewHardware is always the first place I look for all of my equipment purchases. Obviously the products are innovative and exceptional, but it's this kind of thoughtful attention to detail and understanding of the customer that puts them over the edge as a vendor. Just my opinion of course, but I felt like a comment was deserved here.

Props Bobby, and I hope the transition goes as smooth as possible for you and your team.

Cheers to your continued success.

Could u put a link to the full site on the mobile site. It gets a bit crowded on my phone and the drop down menu cannot be scrolled so I can only see a few of the items on the menu.

If it's just to supplement, you could literally just plug it in. I'm not a huge fan of that, but it's doable.
Bobby, I was wondering what you meant by this since this is how I plan on using the Hot Rod. The weldless option wouldn't work for me right now but the heat stick thing seemed perfect. I have a 1500W element to be safe and a plug in GFCI outlet thingamajig so I'm assuming that is safe.

The thermowell selection is very small compared to you're previous offerings.

Just checked here - using Win7, FF, and OpenDNS, no website is displayed for Brewhardware.com

If it's just to supplement, you could literally just plug it in. I'm not a huge fan of that, but it's doable.

My goal with the hot rod is to reduce propane usage and time when heating water. I can keep a decent boil going with my burner turned down pretty low. I BIAB so I would see the most value in reducing time to heat to strike and heating from post mash to boil. Both situations today I have the burner cranked pretty high with lots of heat rolling up the sides of the pot. I'll need to figure out some way to ensure the hot rod power wire is shielded. My first thought is a 90 bend off the top, maybe like 6" or so.

Yes, for a 30A circuit (4500w on 240A) you would need 10 gauge wire. It will fit, but as Bobby mentions here and in the writeup on the website, you need to strip the outer insulation from the cable and just run the separate wiring. Get on youtube for ways to pull wiring thru conduit...you need to lube it somehow and make sure you can pull the wire through with a fish tape and some strong duct tape.

I doubt it'll be that hard. Stranded s000j component wiring cable once de jacketed shouldn't be too hard to feed through as long as you leave it braided. It's not like you're pulling it through 10' of conduit.

Is the Hot Rod supposed to go on sale today or was that just when Bobby thought the elements would arrive?

Back