propane shortage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
Has anyone felt the pinch of the propane shortage ?? We were lucky to have locked in before heating season .. yest I had a tank refilled and asked the guy about the shortage and he confirmed -- his supplier has limited him to 60% of his big supply tank ...

I paid $36 to refill a 40# tank ...

I haven't; but several friends have, it's over $5/gal here in places. I believe the latest state average is $4.67. This is crazy; my mother (fixed income) will need a refill in the next couple weeks :( We filled the tank for her in Nov., it was only $567, I hate to see this bill.

Just had a new 500 gal. tank installed. First fill was $2.49 per gallon. I don't brew using propane, but have just installed a 20kw backup generator. I guess that I can brew with propane, first converting the energy to electricity, but expensively.

My friend uses propane for heat and hot water. Last week her usual supplier charged $6/gallon. She called a few other places, and they were around $3.

The price has gone up here in North TX. I have four 20# bottles I keep full the majority of the time. I usually fill up at a u-haul center, at $4.19/gal.

Paying $36 for a 40# tank isn't too bad. Figure 1 gallon of propane weighs 4 lbs. You get 10 gallons in a 40# tank. $3.60/gallon is below the going rate down here.

Here in sunny SoCal the going rate is right around 4 bucks a gallon.....and that's summer and winter.

I was not aware of a shortage, I pay .75 a pound at the local Blue Flame near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back