Profiling/Logging software?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUmrysh

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post on HBT, but I'm a long time lurker.

Anyway, I built myself a PID coffee roaster with arduino and a thermistor last year and used Artisan to log my roasts. I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar program for logging beer brews. This worked relatively well for my coffee roasting, though I knew beer brewing will present its own set of challenges.

My end goal is to create an extensible system for measuring in real time and logging brews, as well as having some hardware (heater, stepper motor, relays) that can control the heat input to the brewing system.

All that said, does anyone know of some existing software that will allow me to take some data source and plot that in real time? Something specifically for beer would be preferable, though if such an app doesn't exist there may be an opportunity to create it.

It looks like Brew Pi is the beer equivalent of Artisan, but it doesn't support mash temp control yet :-/
I'm excited for BrewPi, though, as I love Arduino and RPi.

If you are on linux, cron (or watch for sub-minute resolution & updating) & gnuplot will more than do the trick for plotting assuming you save your data in a sensible format.

Back