Problem with Extract dispersion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeeJock

Reaction score
Friends.

I am having a problem with dispersion of Pale extract into the boil.

I started monday by making a starter, before any yeast addition i noticed clumping of floating particles after a 10min boil and cooling like white yellow flakes clumping together.
I dismissed this and the starter finaly started fermentation.

On brewing today the exact same thing on a larger scale happened this seemingly non disolving problem with only the extact 6lbs and the water, which is 20 ltrs of bottled water.

I have never had this problem before over several brews.

The only thing that may be a problem is the storage of the extract i live in mexico and the house ambient temp is around 33oC , thats with aircon on full !!!
Is there a storage temp recomendation for extract or could someone shine some light on my problem

The brew is made and i have some pictures of the white mass if anyone is interested.
Lets see if the yeasties eat the white mass.

Cheers in advance.

They will eat it, no worries! Once they get active they'll consume anything they can get their little mits on, and they'll also mix it all up for you.

Nothing like a good positive reply.
Straight to the point !
Even if your not right i appreciate the POSITIVE reply!

Cheers Wyzazz!

Remember were trying to make beer here not block oil pipes !!
Hope we get a resolution soon !

Back